Several schools offer summer programs in business designed for undergraduate students and/or recent alumni in liberal arts disciplines. Such programs prepare students for a business career or graduate business school. Some involve practical and career exploration activities in addition to coursework. The list below is for your information only and is not exhaustive. Brown Business Careers Advising does not endorse any programs.
Tuck Bridge Program
Hanover, NH Campus
- Tuition: $10,200*
The Bridge Program is a four-week total-immersion business program for upperclassmen and recent graduates. Teamwork and one-on-one business skills are taught within the context of classes, projects, and real working-world experience. Students leave the program ready for the business world with skills in finance, economics, and marketing.
- (603) 646-0273
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/bridge/program/index.html
- Application: http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/bridge/apply/index.html
Stanford School of Business Summer Institutes
General Management: Palo Alto, CA Campus / Ignite- multiple locations
- Tuition: General Management - $10,000; Stanford Ignite (former Entrepreneurship) without housing - $9,500 for non-Stanford students (housing not included)
Stanford's Summer Institute offers two business career-building programs for students who are undergraduate upperclassmen or older. The program in General Management consists of courses and training in Stanford’s MBA curriculum and is open to undergraduate students from non-business majors. The Ignite program, open to current Master's and Doctoral students, develops students' fundamental business skills as well as the interpersonal skills needed for success in business leadership. Ignite begins with a full-time summer curriculum and extends into the fall part-time.
- (866) 542-2205
- General Management - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ignite - email@example.com
- Website: http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/si/
- General Management - http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/sigm/apply
- Ignite- http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/ignite/stanford
Accelerator - Vanderbilt Summer Business Institute
Nashville, TN Campus
- Tuition: $9,000;
- Housing (optional): $1,000*
In Vanderbilt's Accelerator program, graduate school faculty teach courses covering the main business disciplines. Workshops and projects develop students' teamwork skills and offer real-world company experience. The institute helps students connect with business professionals and gain corporate knowledge that aids them in the job search process.
- (615) 343-6291
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.owen.vanderbilt.edu/vanderbilt/Programs/accelerator/index.cfm
BASE Summer Program - Business for Arts, Sciences and Engineering
University of California-Berkeley, Haas School of Business
Berkeley , CA Campus
This six-week intensive business and marketing program is designed specifically for non-business undergraduate majors. BASE educates students about business fundamentals while providing hands-on experience working with students and professors in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. The program is suitable for undergraduate upperclassmen seeking exposure to business fundamentals prior to graduate level business school.
- (510) 642-1421
- E-mail: BASE@haas.berkeley.edu
- Website: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/Undergrad/BASE/index.html
- Application: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/Undergrad/BASE/word/baseapplication-lastname-firstname.doc
Chicago Booth Summer Business Scholars
University of Chicago
Chicago, IL Campus
The University of Chicago's Summer Business Scholars Program (SBSP) is a three-week intensive program for undergraduate juniors and seniors and recent alumni from all academic disciplines. These include, but are not limited to, business, liberal arts, engineering, and the sciences. SBSP introduces undergraduates and recent college graduates to the business principles and skills needed to succeed in the working world. The training is based on the top-ranked Chicago Booth MBA program.
- (773) 702-8197
- E-mail: SBSP@lists.ChicagoBooth.edu
- Website: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/summer-scholars
- Application: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/summer-scholars/admissions
McIntire Business Institute
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA Campus
- Tuition: $4,950*
The McIntire Business Institute is an intensive program for students without prior business exposure. Students get to experience graduate-level business studies before deciding whether or not to enroll in one. Studies in management, marketing, finance, accounting and information technology are taught by professors from the McIntire School of Commerce.
- (434) 924-7010
- E-mail: Kathy Alderson, email@example.com
- Website: http://www.commerce.virginia.edu/academic_programs/exec_development/mbi/Pages/index.aspx
- Application: http://apps3.comm.virginia.edu/MBIApplication/
Villanova Summer Business Institute
Villanova, PA Campus
- Tuition: $9,200*
- (610) 519-6707
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.villanova.edu/business/academics/sbi/
- Application: http://www.villanova.edu/business/sbi/apply/
University of San Diego Summer Business Institute
University of San Diego
San Diego, CA Campus
- SBI Tuition: $2995
- SBI Tuition and internship: $3500
This 4-week intensive program educates non-business major college students and recent graduates about foundational business skills. The program includes an integrated curriculum in finance, accounting, economics, and international business. Students study in teams led by the School of Business Administration faculty, learning from and supporting one another in a collaborative approach.
- (619) 260- 4585
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://sandiego.edu/SBI
- Application: http://www.sandiego.edu/sbi/applicationprocess/
University of Southern California Summer Business Program
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
- Residential Tuition: $9,200 (Includes tuition, on-campus lodging & meal plan)
- Commuter Tuition: $7,500 (includes tuition & on-campus lunch)
This intensive 4-week program is designed to give talented non-business students an opportunity to gain critical & essential business skills to achieve a clear advantage in today’s competitive job market.
- (213) 740-8990
- Website: http://www.marshall.usc.edu/summer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application: http:/marshall.usc.edu/summer/application
UCLA EDGE Summer Program
University of California Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
- Tuition: Non-UCLA students $8,750 (Includes some meals and course materials. Accommodations are the responsibility of the applicant).
In four intensive weeks, you will engage in a rigorous bootcamp preparing you for the world of work. Whether entrepreneurs, attorneys, entertainment execs or management consultants, everyone needs the same vocabulary and skills to launch. EDGE teaches you the fundamentals of this vocabulary, focusing on three key lenses: Business Literacy, Leadership and Communication.
- (310) 825-2001
- Website: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/executive-education/ucla-anderson-edge
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Application: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/executive-education/uniquely-ucla/who-we-are/apply