What is an Independent Concentration?
Check out the following videos to hear from fellow students about their IC experience and to get ideas for creating your own.
Rebecca - Human Evolutionary Biology and Behavior
Ria - Migration Studies
Alexandra - Educational Neuroscience
Ivy - Social Innovation
Amelia - Art and Visual Perception
Shayna - Geography
Students interested in learning more about Independent Concentrations should consult the following resources:
- The IC Application provides a straightforward outline for the IC proposal.
- The IC Info Sheet has additional information about the declaration process.
- The IC Database contains a list of all past ICs and a form to request digital copies of past ICs. Twenty years of paper copies of ICs are also available at the CRC.
- The IC FAQ Sheet
- The Faculty Advisor Info Sheet
- The Requirements for the A.B. and Sc.B.
The IC Coordinators hold regular office hours at the CRC (Campus Center, Room 228) and are more than happy to guide students through the process. If students have any questions about ICs or doubts about their concentration plans in general, they can stop by office hours or email Independent_Concentrations@brown.edu with questions or to schedule a meeting with one of the coordinators.