Craig Cambridge Fellowship
|Eligibility||Seniors and recent alumni (class of 2014)|
Established by Charles Craig ‘72, who studied at Selwyn College, University of Cambridge after graduating from Brown, the Craig Cambridge Fellowship provides an opportunity for one graduating senior or recent graduate to pursue a one year Masters Degree (MPhil) in any field at the University of Cambridge as a resident of Selwyn College.
The successful candidate will demonstrate academic distinction, particularly in his or her field of study, service to Brown and the surrounding community, leadership, and character. He or she will have a compelling reason for wanting to study at Cambridge and be an excellent match for the program of study for which he or she is applying.
The scholarship covers tuition, matriculation and laboratory costs, travel, and room and board at Selwyn College, Cambridge.
Download our brochure "Guide to Fellowships in the U.K. and Ireland"
Students who plan to apply for the Craig Cambridge Fellowship must simultaneously apply for admission to the University of Cambridge’s Board of Graduate Study in the appropriate field. They must list Selwyn College as their first choice of residential college on their University of Cambridge application.
Applicants must submit a complete application by the campus deadline of November 3, 2014. We require one copy of the following:
- A copy of your completed application to the University of Cambridge. Download the application from the University of Cambridge website.
- A 500 word statement of your proposed academic program
- A 1000 word statement describing the motivation for and evolution of your academic interests and how a year at Cambridge is relevant to your future plans
- A complete resume (no more than 2 pages)
- An official Brown University transcript and the transcripts of any other institution you attended for a year or more
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must be from faculty.
Official transcripts must be sent to the Fellowship Office in a sealed envelope. We recommend that you order your transcript at least three weeks in advance of the campus deadline. We do not accept e-transcripts from Brown University.
Instructions for applicants from the CLASS of 2015
- UPLOAD a PDF of your completed application from the University of Cambridge to UFunds, Brown's online application system.
- UPLOAD a PDF of your 500 word description of program to UFunds
- UPLOAD a PDF of your 1000 word personal statement to UFunds
- UPLOAD a PFD of your complete resume to UFunds
- REGISTER your (3) Referees on UFunds, Brown's online application system. Once you do so, the system will send a request for references with login information to the person registered. The referees are then responsible for uploading their references to UFunds by the campus deadline of November 3, 2014.
- SEND hard copies of your official Brown University transcript to Linda Sutherland at campus box 1828. We recommend that you order your transcript at least three weeks in advance of the campus deadline. We do not accept e-transcripts from Brown.
- SEND via email your completed application from the University of Cambridge to Linda_Sutherland@brown.edu
- SEND via email the 500 word program statement
- SEND via email the 1000 word personal statement
- SEND via email your 2 page resume
- INFORM your Referees to submit their letters of recommendation to Linda Sutherland via email at Linda_Sutherland@brown.edu. Letters should be addressed to Linda Dunleavy, Associate Dean of the College for Fellowships.
- SEND hard copies of your official Brown University transcript to Linda Sutherland at campus box 1828. We recommend that you order your transcript at least three weeks in advance of the campus deadline. We do not accept e-trancripts from Brown.
Fellowship Program Coordinator
University Hall, Suite 213
1 Prospect Street, Box 1828
Providence, RI 02912
- Maxwell Sherman, '14
- Sarah Forman, '13
- Jebediah Koogler, '11
- Juliana Friend, '11
- Zachary McCune, '10
- Manuel Possolo, '09