The Orientation Planning Committee is excited to announce our usage of the mobile schedule app, Guidebook. Guidebook allows you to browse the many orientation events, create a personalized schedule, set reminders for yourself, and includes mapping data to help you find your way around campus in the first few days. The app is free for you to use.
To get the guide, choose one of the methods below:
- Download 'Guidebook' from the Apple App Store or the Android Marketplace. Then download the Brown University Orientation 2015 guide which will be listed under the "Download Guides" section of the application.
- Visit http://guidebook.com/getit from your phone's browser. Then download the Brown University Orientation guide which will be listed under the "Download Guides" section of the application.
- Scan the following image with your mobile phone (QR-Code reader required, e.g. 'Red Laser', 'Barcode Scanner'). Then search for Brown University Orientation.
Once you have downloaded the Guide:
For Graduate Students:
- Go to the Graduate Students Section
- Add the individual events that are applicable to you to "My Schedule"
For Undergraduate Students
- If you are a new first year student, begin by going to the Foundations & Values section. These events are considered mandatory for all new undergraduates. Add each of these sessions to "My Schedule." Take note that some sessions are repeated and you are assigned to a particular session by your residential Unit.
- If you are a Transfer, Visiting, or RUE student, go to this section and add these meetings to "My Schedule"
- If you are participating in a Pre-Orientation program, go to this section and select your program. Add these events to "My Schedule"
- Go to the General Orientation Orientation section and browse through the many social and educational programs offered for you. Add any desired sessions to "My Schedule"
- NOTE: A Parents & Families section is included. Please share with those who will be coming with you to campus. This section provides information on the events specifically for your family members.
If you are not a smartphone user, don't fret. The schedule is always available online and you will receive a hard copy that includes a map when you arrive on campus.