Assistant Dean for First-year and Sophomore Studies
Yolanda Rome received her B.A. from Yale University in 1994 and her Ed.M. from Harvard University in 1996. She was the recipient of three awards while at Yale, including the F. Wilder Bellamy Prize in 1993. She has worked in a wide range of positions since, including running her own science business, directing a program designed to improve the college acceptance rates of students in Boston, and teaching high school science in Boston. As Director of Co-Curricular Advising and Tutoring at Brown, Ms. Rome works with faculty in the Faculty Advising Fellows Programs and supports other initiatives that help students connect with faculty in informal settings around campus.
- First-Generation Advising
- First-Year Advising Programs
- Meiklejohn Peer Advising Program
- Sophomore Advising Programs
- Study Away in the USA/Course Credit from other US Institutions
- Transfer Student Advising Programs and Support