The application process will vary by program, and you will work with OIP advisors to navigate. Please note that this program is for admitted students only; students who are interested in transferring to Brown should visit Brown's Undergraduate Admission Office.
Program participants are considered based on the following criteria:
- Academic Compatibility: The curriculum at each location offers students a wide range of areas of study, from intensive language study to general studies in the humanities and social sciences. Students are expected to meet overall GPA requirements established by OIP and by the host university. In addition, academic departments at the host institutions may have specific requirements in terms of GPA and/or previous level of coursework.
- Availability: Locations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to begin the application process now. Our application deadline is June 6, 2014.
1.Talk to an OIP advisor about UK and Spain program options and how the Mid-Year Transfer program fits into your plans to study at Brown.
2. Complete the OIP application
After speaking with an OIP advisor and deciding on your program option, you will register as a non-Brown student (system requirement even though you have decided to attend Brown) and complete an online application for one of the following programs:
- Mid-Year TransferProgram - Brown in Spain *Restricted Application*
- Mid-Year Transfer Program - Brown in the UK *Restricted Application*
This form collects personal information, program preferences, and emergency contact information. The Mid-Year Study Abroad Application should be completed as soon as possible, and no later than June 6, 2014.
3. Apply to the host institution
Once you complete the OIP Application, your study abroad advisor will review your file, including portions of your application portfolio from the Office of College Admissions at Brown (to determine if you meet the initial requirements for the program). You then will be contacted by your study abroad advisor at OIP to complete an application for the host university in Edinburgh, London, or Granada.
Please note that a final decision from OIP regarding acceptance to your semester abroad is contingent upon approval by the host institution. As with all study abroad programs, participants are subject to the immigration criteria established for international students by the host country.
4. Check your passport!
You must have a passport that is valid at least 90 days after the date you would return from the program.