CUHK's Master of Arts in Chinese Studies program is:
- a flexible, interdisciplinary one-year MA program
- taught and examined in English in China
- designed to accommodate a wide range of interests and needs for graduate training in Chinese Studies
MACHS students complete 8 courses (24 units) to graduate.
Brown graduates who enroll in the MA in Chinese Studies Program may be exempted from one of the following 3-unit undergraduate/postgraduate courses if taken at CUHK during junior year study abroad.
|ECON3250||Chinese Economy: Heritage and Change|
|ECON3310||Economy of China|
|ECON3350||China, Hong Kong and the World Economy|
|ECON3370||Business Environment in China|
|ECON3580||Emerging Financial Markets of China|
|MGNT2510||Introduction to International Business|
|MKTG4070||Marketing in China|
Brown students on exchange at CUHK as undergraduates may also participate in Center for Chinese Studies/MA Program events and activities, including, but not limited to:
- International Poets in Hong Kong workshops and symposia
- Film screenings and conversations with visiting director (2011: Lou Ye)
- Monthly graduate student research seminars
MA in Chinese Studies graduates continue on to MBA and PhD programs; others are employed in the business and education sectors.