The Language Arts Program provides reading and writing support for children at William D'Abate Elementary School in Olneyville and Asa Messer Elementary School in the West End. Brown students build literacy with K-2s and guide grades 3-5 in activities that encourage students' self-expression and refine their written communication skills. Students who love to read and write don’t just do well in school — they feel empowered to explore and expand their world.
Brown Language Arts Program
- Getting Started!
- Swearer Sparks
- Community Partnerships
- Community Health
- Education - Adult and Intergenerational Learning
- Education - Elementary Schools
- Education - High Schools
- Housing and Homelessness
- Prison-Based Programs
- Winter Break Projects
- Community Service Opportunities Fair
- Social Innovation Initiative
- Fellowships, Internships, and Prizes
- College Advising Corps
- Engaged Scholars Program
- Storytellers for Good
- Jobs and Opportunities
- About Us
- Social Innovation Reunion: Connecting & Igniting Social Innovation at Brown
- Two Juniors Win Truman Scholarships
*For other office locations, please visit our staff page.