The Language Arts Program provides reading and writing support for children at William D'Abate Elementary School in Olneyville and Asa Messer Elementary School in the West End. Brown students build literacy with K-2s and guide grades 3-5 in activities that encourage students' self-expression and refine their written communication skills. Students who love to read and write don’t just do well in school — they feel empowered to explore and expand their world.
Brown Language Arts Program
- Welcome to Brown!
- Swearer Sparks
- Community Partnerships
- Community Health
- Education - Adult and Intergenerational Learning
- Education - Elementary Schools
- Education - High Schools
- Housing and Homelessness
- Prison-Based Programs
- Winter Break Projects
- Community Service Opportunities Fair
- Providence Community Walking Tours
- Social Innovation Initiative
- Fellowships, Internships, and Prizes
- Jobs and Opportunities
- College Advising Corps
- Faculty & Courses
- About Us
*For other office locations, please visit our staff page.