Algebra in Motion provides in-class and after-school math and science tutoring at two Providence High Schools: Hope High School and Alvarez High School. In the classroom, Brown students assist teachers wherever there is a need, often by working with small groups of students. After school programming typically involves working with students one-on-one to review class work material, provide homework assistance, and offer hands-on workshops that develop students' math skills in fun and practical ways.
Algebra in Motion
- Welcome to Brown!
- Swearer Sparks
- Community Partnerships
- Community Health
- Education - Adult and Intergenerational Learning
- Education - Elementary Schools
- Education - High Schools
- Housing and Homelessness
- Prison-Based Programs
- Winter Break Projects
- Community Service Opportunities Fair
- Providence Community Walking Tours
- Social Innovation Initiative
- Fellowships, Internships, and Prizes
- Jobs and Opportunities
- College Advising Corps
- Faculty & Courses
- About Us
*For other office locations, please visit our staff page.