Work With Us
The Director of the Swearer Center for Public Service provides leadership, strategic direction, and high-level oversight to one of the oldest public service centers housed in a university. Drawing on Brown’s historic commitment to social justice and collaborative community partnerships, the Director leads University efforts to integrate teaching, learning, and practice in order to advance scholarship and to produce a public benefit. The Director serves as an important university ambassador to the Providence and Rhode Island communities.
Please apply on Brown Careers by searching for the job title above.
The Engaged Scholars Program Assistant will support the development and launch of the Engaged Scholars Program (ESP), which supports students and faculty who seek a purposeful integration of teaching, research, and practice in order to advance scholarship and produce a public benefit. The Program Assistant will:
- Provide overall support to the launch of the Engaged Scholars Program, including administrative support to program staff and ESP steering committee.
- Work collaboratively with ESP staff and committee members to assist in the planning and implementation of the Engaged Scholars Program.
- Provide a student perspective and voice in planning efforts on how to best integrate theory and practice.
- Research civic engagement curricula used at other higher education institutions to assist with development of ESP curricula.
- Provide support to program staff (Swearer Acting Director and ESP/TRI-Lab Director) and to faculty participants and departments as needed.
- Support and participate in weekly ESP steering committee meetings and monthly faculty meetings.
- Respond to routine inquiries and other administrative tasks.
This is an hourly paid position for undergraduate or graduate students only. Please apply on Student Employment by December 8, 2014.
This part-time position supports elementary school-based partnerships administered by the Swearer Center for Public Service. The position is responsible for administrativeoperations of the D’Abate Community School, a partnership between Brown University and the William D’Abate Elementary School that aims to provide engaging academic and social enrichment for D’Abate students, useful resources for D’Abate families and teachers, and rich learning experiences for Brown student volunteers. The Program Associate coordinates administrative functions and assists with logistics; the position also provides some support to Brown student volunteers.
Please apply on Brown Careers by searching for the job title above or job number 114295.
Each semester, the Swearer Center hires several students to work at 25 George Street as paid staffers. These students take on roles ranging from programmatic development to administrative support, social media, event organizing, and more.
Applications for the Fall 2014 semester are now closed. Please check back for Spring 2015 positions!