Recent Books, Prizes, and Fellowships
- Faculty fellow at the Haffenreffer Museum.
- Civil Imagination: A Political Ontology of Photography. Verso, 2012.
- Azoulay, Ariella and Adi Ophir. The One-State Condition: Occupation and Democracy in Israel/Palestine. (Stanford University Press, 2012).
- John Rowe Workman Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Humanities (2013)
- Core Samples from the World (New Directions, 2011) was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 2012.
- Spectacle & Pigsty: Selected Poems of Kiwao Nomura won the Best Translated Book Award, 2012
- Eiko & Koma (New Directions, 2013)
- Panic Cure: Poetry from Spain for the 21st Century, Shearsman Books 2013/ Otis Books Seismicity Editions 2014
- Fungus Skull Eye Wing, Selected Poems of Alfonso D'Aquino, Copper Canyon, 2013
- Pinholes in the Dark: Essential Poems from Latin America selected by Raul Zurita, edited by Forrest Gander, Copper Canyon Press, 2013
- Watchword, poems by Pura López Colomé, Wesleyan University Press, 2012
- Redstart: An Ecological Poetics (with John Kinsella; University of Iowa, 2012)
- Editor, Geoffrey Hill, Broken Hierarchies: Collected Poems 1952-2012 (Oxford, 2013)
- Dumbarton Oaks Visiting Fellowship, Garden and Landscape Studies Department (March, 2013)
- Appointed Manning Assistant Professor of Comparative Literature
- Receipient of a grant from the Brown Humanities Research & Teaching Fund, to organize the second annual Digital Islamic Humanities Workshop (Oct. 17-18, 2014)
- Visiting Scholar at the American Academy in Rome (October 2014)
- Elected chair, MLA Nominating Committee.
- Brown in Translation Award [competitive grant for translation of book Thought-Images into Portuguese], Office of International Affairs, Brown University, 2012
- Rodig Lectureship, Rutgers University, 2012
- Benjamins Grenzgänge—Benjamin's Frontiers. Eds. Gerhard Richter, Karl Solibakke, and Bernd Witte. (Würzburg: Königshausen & Neumann , 2013).
- Commentary on Ovid, Metamorphoses, books 10-12 in Ovidio: Metamorphosi. Volume V. Libri X-XII [commentary, translated by A. Barchiesi] (Milan: A. Mondadori, 2013).
- Impious Fidelity: Anna Freud, Psychoanalysis, Politics (Cornell University Press, 2012).
- "History, Fiction and National Identity in J. U. Ribeiro's An Invincible Memory and R. Coover's The Public Burning," published in Chásqui: Revista de Literatura Latinoamericana, was awarded a prize by the Brazil Section of the Latin American Studies Association (LASA) as the best article on Brazil published in a scholarly journal in the United States.