July 2013 RRC Changes
We have been preparing for the July 2013 RRC changes for the last year and a half, and have each of the six 'individualized selective months' designated in our second and third year schedule templates. In addition, interns will now have the opportunity to do a required elective during their intern year. See Schedules by Year for further template details.
Residents will choose a track to participate in halfway through their intern year that is aligned with their career goals. Their assigned mentor within the track will support them in approaching the individualized selecive months.
The tracks are as follows:
- Acute care (Hospitalist medicine and ER)
- Intensive care (NICU and PICU)
- Subspecialty care
- Primary care
*We value social medicine, global health and public health and a theme in these areas could be chosen within each track.
Each track will include the following rotations:
- Teaching month (an already established PGY3 rotation)
- QI/Research month (depending on individual interest)
- 'Pretending' month (increased clinical and teaching responsibility in designated area of interest)
- 3 Individualized months (to be selected from 'course catalog' or developed with support of mentor)