Elizabeth Nestor, MD, MDIV
Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine
I was part of the Center for Excellence in Women's Emergency Medicine working group. We investigated the efficacy of training programs in Emergency Medicine in this important area.
BiographyELIZABETH NESTOR, MD, a graduate of Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, is on the staff of R.I. Hospital Anderson ED. Dr. Nestor was a Summa Cum Laude graduate from URI with a BA in English Literature (1973). She has a Masters in Divinity from Yale Divinity School (1979). Dr. Nestor is a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Medicine. Residency Training: Emergency Medicine at the Medical Center of Delaware .Board Certified.Emergency Medicine.Interests include: Medical Ethics, roots music & 16th century polyphany, gardening and hiking.
Grants and AwardsBrown Medical School Teaching Recognition Award, 2006
Brown Medical School, Teaching Excellence Award, 2008
RI Medical Women's Association "Woman Physician of the Year", 2008
UEMF Outstanding Physician 2008 (one of six physicians chosen)
Jacob B. Franaszek Faculty Teaching Award 2010 (one of two physicians)
AffiliationsFellow of the American College of Emergency Medicine
Member, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Member, RI Medical Women's Association
Funded ResearchCenter of Excellence in Women's Health Care Grant
I have been involved in the clinical teaching of Emergency Medicine to Brown residents, medical students and undergraduates since 1994.
- 'The Challenges of Treating Pain in the Emergency Department' Medicine and Health RI, Sept 2011 (2011)
- 'The Only Rule I've Got', Academic Emergency Medicine, Nov 2011 (2011)
- 'I Speak Doctor', Academic Emergency Medicine, Dec 2011 (2011)
- 'The Intimate Science' Academic Emergency Medicine, Feb 2009 (2009)
- 'The Obligation of Narrative'; Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine, July 2006 (2006)