The Office of Admissions welcomes you to visit The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University for our Second Look Program. This program will provide you with the opportunity to meet prospective classmates, current students and faculty, as well as sample the rich variety of learning experiences – clinical, research, and community-based – that compromise medical education at Brown. This event is by invitation only. You should have received an email with instructions on how to register.
Schedule of Events
Friday, May 3rd, 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Financial Aid Presentation with Q & A Session
- Tour one of three teaching hospitals: Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital, or Women & Infants Hospital/RI Free Clinic
- Welcome from Dr. Thomas Chun, Assistant Dean for Admissions
- Keynote Address
- Welcome reception at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum with medical students, faculty and admissions committee members
- "Low Yield" – Medical Student Variety Show
Saturday, May 4th, 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Continental breakfast
- Medical Education Overview from Philip Gruppuso, MD, Associate Dean of Medical Education
- Programmatic Highlights: Preclincal Electives, Doctoring, and Anatomy Lab Demonstrations
- Lunch with current medical students in the three academies
- Optional Activities
We have numerous optional activities after the official program. Reservations are required.
Saturday, May 4 - Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs Reception for Underrepresented Minority Students in Medicine
Saturday, May 4 – Neighborhood Presentation by current Medical Students with Open House of select student apartments
Saturday, May 4 - Current Medical Student Run Activities: Tours of the main Brown campus; walking tours of local restaurants; bouldering; etc. (A complete list will be available upon arrival.)
Please visit our Additional Information page to find out more about what to wear, where to stay, and other helpful information.