Have you ever wanted objective feedback on your talk before you present it?
Talk Review and Feedback is a new free and confidential service for AMS faculty and residents offered by the Program in Educational Faculty Development and available by request.
Option 1: One or two trained reviewers will observe you presenting a portion of your talk. The reviewers will then provide both verbal and written feedback on slide design, organization of information, and presentation style.
Option 2: One or two trained reviewers will review a previously recorded talk you have given. You will provide a brief written self-reflection on your presentation. The reviewers will provide written feedback on slide design, organization of information, and presentation style.
To request a Talk Review and Feedback session, please email Emily Green (Emily_Green@Brown.edu) at least 2 weeks prior to a scheduled presentation date with the following information:
- Your name
- Your academic title/role
- Date of scheduled presentation or access to previously recorded talk
- Length of scheduled presentation (in hours/minutes)
- Context of scheduled presentation (for example- grand rounds, national meeting, residency didactic session, preclinical curriculum lecture, etc.)
- Predicted size and composition of audience for scheduled presentation (for example- 20 AMS Internal Medicine Year II residents, or 200 Emergency Medicine faculty)
- Any particular issues on which you would like the reviewers to focus (if none, please indicate NA and reviewers will provide general feedback on slide design, organization of information, and presentation style)