Clinical Arts and Humanities Program
The Clinical Arts and Humanities Program at Alpert Medical School is an applied humanities program dedicated to improving the complex and imaginative work of healthcare through interdisciplinary collaborations, innovative curricula, creative expressions, scholarship and community conversations.
The Clinical Arts and Humanities Program aims to:
- Foster critical thinking and self-reflection among health care trainees and faculty to provide the best healthcare for patients and communities
- Promote professionalism, humanism, and skills for lifelong learning
- Serve as an incubator for innovative educational projects, creative work, scholarship and research
- Encourage interdisciplinary and inter-institutional collaborations and mentorship
- Serve as a a nexus for the medical humanities community at Brown University