**NEW** Each year we put together a biography of the matriculating students to give to your course leaders, advisors, etc. so they will know a little about you before classes start. Please email a brief bio (2-5 sentences) to Janice_Viticonte@brown.edu by July 15, 2015.
AAMC Matriculating Student Questionnaire (MSQ): All incoming first-year medical students are asked to complete the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Matriculating Student Questionnaire. The MSQ is one of the two main sources for learning about the needs, plans, and opinions of medical students. This questionnaire can be completed online at:https://www.aamc.org/data/msq. Students will need their AAMC 8-digit number to log in, which they can look up at the log-in site. Students who have problems logging in should contact the AAMC directly at email@example.com and include their full name, medical school, AAMC ID number, and email address. The questionnaire takes about 20 minutes to complete, and students will have the ability to save their responses and return to complete the survey at a later time. The AAMC will provide us with a weekly update regarding how many students have completed the questionnaire.
Brown Adventure Day: Brown Adventure Day is a great way to learn about yourself and your classmates, as you tackle challenging, fun tasks. The adventure games focus on team-work, collaboration, problem solving, and group development in fun and creative ways. The event is held at the Wheeler School Farm in Seekonk, MA. If you are interested in participating in this fun and adventurous program on day one of Orientation, you will need to complete the two-page participation agreement form and return it directly to: Emily Green, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 222 Richmond Street, Box G-M233, Providence, RI 02912, or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), prior to Orientation.
Brown ID Card: All students in the MD Class of 2019 must visit the Brown Card Office prior to Orientation on August 3 to pick up their new Brown ID card.
- Students Who Already Have a Brown ID: You do NOT need to submit a new photo to the Brown Card Office for your new ID. Your old photo is still in their system. If you would like a new photo, you must visit the Brown Card Office in person during normal business hours to have a photo taken.
- Students Who Don't Already Have a Brown ID: You need to submit a photo to the Brown Card Office on or before August 1 which will be used to create your ID card. To submit your photo, please log into the secure area of Banner (https://selfservice.brown.edu), Applicant and Student section, and use the link for Brown ID Online Photo Submission. If you fail to upload your photo prior to August 1, you will need to stop by the Brown Card Office upon your arrival to Providence (J. Walter Wilson, 69 Brown Street, 5th Floor, Room 511) between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm (summer hours) to have your photo taken. If you experience any problems with your ID/access card, please contact Patricia Martins at 863-2483 or email@example.com.
Student Health Insurance: It is important that Brown University students have access to comprehensive medical care while enrolled with us. Please review the Brown University Insurance Office website for student health insurance options and requirements.For incoming MD19 med students who opt to purchase Brown's insurance, coverage will start on 8/15. Because the first day of classes is Monday, 8/3 there is a gap when students will not be covered.
If you purchase Brown's insurance and need to see a health care professional in the period between 8/3 and 8/15, you will need to purchase a short term plan via Nationwide Insurance. Please contact Cheryl Moan (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly for more information.
If students waive Brown's plan and are covered under another plan, they can go to Brown Health Services to be seen. Please see the Brown Health Services website for more information.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, please activate your Gmail@Brown account. Please activate by Friday, June 5; that will be the only email address we use to communicate with your class.
Please follow these instructions to activate your Gmail@Brown account:
- Go to myaccount.brown.edu
- Select Log in and Manage Account
- Type in your username and password (same one you had for your secondary application)
- A profile page appears with all your information. On the left side is a list of options; select Activate your Google Account
- Follow the steps