All events are held at the Annmary Brown Memorial (21 Brown Street) at 5:30 PM and free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
The Rhode Island Medieval Circle Lectures
- Tue., 16 Sept., 4:30 PM (Note: Time change) - Philippe Buc (Professor of History, Universität Wien (University of Vianna),) "The Logic of Exegesis and the Logic of Violence: Medieval Exegesis and More Modern Holy Warfare."
- Wed., 1 Oct., Francis Ludlow (Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University Climate and Energy Institute), "The Dynamics of Extreme Weather, Famine and Violence in Medieval Ireland, 650-1400 CE."
- Wed., 12 Nov., Alicia Walker (Bryn Mawr College), "St. George and the Princely Banquet: Courtly Art between Byzantium, the Islamic World, and the West."
- Thur., 5 Feb. - Ahmed Ragab, ( Assistant Professor of Science and Religion, Harvard Divinity School,) “An imagined city: Charity, movement and populations in the making of medieval hospitals.”
- Tursday, 5 March - Kathleen Nolan (Professor of Art, Hollins University,) "The Complications of Queenship: Royal Women in Twelfth-Century Portals."
- Thur., 9 Apr. - Lisa Fagin Davis (Executive Director, Medieval Academy of America,) "Medieval Manuscripts on College Hill."
- Wed., 15 Apr. - Susan Einbinder (Professor of Hebrew and Judaic Studies, UCONN), "Anti-Jewish Violence and the Pastoureaux: The Case for Medieval Trauma."
MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN HISTORY SEMINAR (with department of History)
For more information
215 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4025
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269-4025