All events are held at the Annmary Brown Memorial (21 Brown Street) at 5:30 PM and free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
The Rhode Island Medieval Circle Lectures
- Thur., 24 Sept., Jonathan Decter (Brandeis University,) "Jewish Thinking about Religion in the Medieval Mediterranean"
- Thur., 29 Oct., Charles M. Stang (Harvard Divinity School,) “Centers and Peripheries between the Eastern Mediterranean and the Silk Road”
Wed., 18 Nov., Sonja Drimmer (Umass Amherst,) "Limners and the Making of Literature in Late Medieval England"
- Thur., 18 Feb., Mary Cunningham (University of Nottingham, UK,)
"Between Earth and Heaven: Middle Byzantine Views of Mary, the Mother of God"
- Tue., 8 March, Nikolas Jaspert (Institute of History, Centre for the Study of European History and Culture, Heidelberg University,) TBD
- Thurs., 17 March, Thomas O'Donnell (Fordham University,) TBD
- Thurs., 7 April, Michael Kulikowski (Penn State,) "Historical Generations: Ammianus, Sidonius and the End of Antiquity"
MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN HISTORY SEMINAR (with department of History)