How to Apply: Pre-Baccalaureate Program
2015 Program Dates:
June 21 - August 7, 2015
Rising or Graduated High-School Seniors
Residential, 2 courses: $10,892
Commuter, 1 course: $3,608
Commuter, 2 courses: $7,116
Prospective students must apply for admission.
Completed applications are submitted to the admissions committee for review. When evaluating applicants, Brown looks for academic excellence, intellectual curiosity, and a readiness for participation in an independent academic and living environment.
Applicants will be notified by email when their application is complete, and are notified of the admissions committee's decision by email, usually within two weeks of the application complete date.
Accepted students must confirm their attendance with a $300 non-refundable program deposit.
Student applicants are encouraged to review our Financial Policies.
Course space is limited, and many courses fill quickly - students are encouraged to apply for admission early to have the best chance of enrolling in first-choice courses.
Learn about Immigration Guidelines, Deadlines for Submitting Documentation, How to Apply for a Visa, and more.
A complete application consists of the following items:
- A completed Application Form.
- A Non-refundable Application Fee
Before 3/1/2015: $50
3/1/2015 to 4/30/2015: $75
5/1/2015 and after: $100
The application fee can be paid by credit card via the online application, or by check to
Box T, Brown University,
Providence, Rhode Island 02912 USA.
- A brief essay (Submitted as part of your online application), in which you tell us where your academic interests lie; why these areas interest you; what preparation you have for further study in these areas; what you hope to gain from participating in this program; and any further information you want to convey to us.
- An Official School Transcript that includes current year grades. Applicants should request an official transcript containing their grades/marks for each course with an explanation of the scoring system in English (for example, 6=excellent or A = excellent). Transcripts may be faxed to our office at 401-863-3916.
- A Teacher Letter of Recommendation
Application materials may be attached to your online application, or can be mailed to:
School of Professional Studies
Providence, RI 02912
Program admission does not guarantee enrollment in a specific course. Courses may also be cancelled at any time due to unforeseen circumstances.