One Section Available to Choose From:
|Course Dates||Weeks||Meeting Times||Status||Instructor(s)||CRN|
|July 13, 2015 - July 31, 2015||3||M-F 9A-11:30A & M, W, F 1:30P-3:00P||Open||Panetha Ott||10040|
This course is an intermediate-advanced level English course focused on preparation for the TOEFL test. Students will review test-taking strategies and develop skills in Listening, Grammar, Reading and Writing. Students join in class discussions to reinforce their knowledge of the structure of English. They will complete in-class and homework assignments related to developing listening, reading and writing strategies. Students will use the computer classroom one day per week to prepare for the internet-based TOEFL test. Two + class session will be devoted to practice tests and evaluating the practice score to determine those areas on which each student should focus.
- Examine general test-taking strategies
- Review new vocabulary
- Investigate rhetorical style in written exercises
- Develop listening strategies
- Develop reading comprehension strategies
- Consider word function in structure exercises
- Complete sample exercises to become familiar with TOEFL test
This course is only open to students enrolled in IEP (Intensive English Program).