Intensive English Language at Brown (IEP)
2015 Program Dates
June 21 - July 10, 2015
July 12 – July 31, 2015
Join our mailing list and we'll keep you informed of the latest program information.
This acclaimed summer program for high-achieving students offers immersive English language study for non-native speakers, along with courses that explore American and global culture, history, economics, and the arts. Small class sizes, events, and workshops maximize student participation and student-instructor interaction.
This program is designed for high-achieving students who wish to attend university and for whom English is not their native language. Students must have at least 2 years of previous English Language instruction reflected on their academic transcript.
TOEFL test scores are not required, but a minimum score of 80 is recommended. Students with lower scores will likely have difficulty engaging in all aspects of the program.
- Students develop higher-level English language skills by focusing on listening, reading, speaking, and writing.
- Students learn academic writing in preparation for college.
- Students strengthen their public speaking skills.
- Students will be fully-immersed in the English language and American culture.
- With their teachers and classmates, students engage in discussions that explore cultural and social similarities and differences.
- Students attend from around the globe and therefore improve their ability to work in diverse groups.
- Students gain an understanding of American higher education and learn about the college application process.
To arrange a time to speak with the IEP Program Director, Rosario Navarro, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org