Global Programs | Location-Based Courses
An Immersion in Roman Life and Culture
2016 Program Dates:
July 3–17, 2016
Language of Instruction:
Students must be at least 16 years old by June 2016.
A passport is required. US and EU citizens do not require a visa.
Program will be confirmed on or before: Friday, April 15, 2016
In case you missed it: See the recording of our February 4, 2016 Location-Based Programs Info-Session. Watch it now »
Brown University, in affiliation with St. Stephen’s International School-Rome, offers a unique 2-week summer program located in the heart of Rome. The program explores Roman life and culture through a wide range of disciplines – history, literature, language, and the arts.
In this program, students participate in seminars, site visits, and workshops, supplemented with weekend excursions to Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast, Tuscany, and Umbria. Courses are taught in English by Brown faculty and local experts.
- A basic knowledge of Italian language
- A secure grasp of Roman history, from the Bronze Age to the present
- A knowledge of Roman topography
- An exposure to college-level lectures, with attention paid to cultivating learning skills for college
- A finished written project at the college level