Global Programs | Location-Based Courses
Global Business, Language and Culture
2016 Program Dates:
June 26 - July 9, 2016
Language of Instruction:
Students must be at least 16 years old by June 2016 and have completed two years of Spanish.
A passport is required. US and EU citizens do not require a visa.
Program will be confirmed or on before: Friday, April 15, 2016.
The application period is now closed.
Application deadline: Friday, April 8, 2016.
Brown University and IE University have partnered to offer a 2-week summer program that blends global business and humanities with an immersion in Spanish language and culture. Brown University, known for its humanities curriculum, and the IE, an undergraduate university that focuses on business and international relations, offer seminars, lectures, and workshops that expose students to key economic, political, and cultural debates of contemporary businesses and societies. IE University is ranked No. 4 in Europe and No. 14 in the world in the 2015 ranking of universities published by Youth Incorporated magazine and Education Times.
As a UNESCO World Heritage site, Segovia’s people and architecture reflect the influence and blend of different cultures, business, and governments. It is an ideal place to study Spanish language and culture, global business and international relations:
- Over its history, it has been ruled by Romans, Moors, and Christians
- It boasts a Roman Aqueduct (circa 1st-2nd century AD), an Alcázar or castle (11th century), and a 16th century Gothic cathedral
- It was the center for trade under King Alfonso VI in the 11th century and again in the 16th century
- Between the 12th and 15th centuries, several kings of Castile resided there.
- It’s buildings and people reflect its diverse history. It has been ruled by Romans, Moors, and Christians.
- It is close to Madrid, the main business center of Spain.
Segovia’s people and buildings reflect the influence and blend of different cultures, businesses, and governments.