Segovia, Spain | How to Apply
Please note: The Segovia program is near capacity. If you are considering applying, please call us before you submit your application for more information: 401-863-7900.
2016 Program Dates:
June 26 - July 9, 2016
Language of Instruction:
Students must be at least 16 years old by June 2016 and have completed two years of Spanish.
A passport is required. US and EU citizens do not require a visa.
The application period is now closed.
Application deadline: Friday, April 8, 2016.
Program will be confirmed or on before: Friday, April 15, 2016.
Prospective Global Programs students must apply for admission (see details below). For most programs, there is no application deadline. Courses do fill quickly, so students are encouraged to apply early to have the best chance of enrolling in first-choice courses.
Completed applications are submitted to the admissions committee for review. When evaluating applicants, Brown looks for academic excellence, intellectual curiosity, and a readiness for participation in an independent academic and living environment.
Applicants will be notified by email when their application is complete, and are notified of the admissions committee's decision by email, usually within two weeks of the application complete date.
Accepted students must confirm their attendance with a $300 non-refundable program deposit. Once this deposit is received, students must enroll in a course through connect.brown.edu.
Course availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis so enroll early!
Program admission does not guarantee enrollment in a specific course. Courses may also be cancelled at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. We ask that you do not purchase your flights until you receive an email from Brown confirming the program.
Before applying, review our list of important considerations for off-campus programs.
A complete application consists of 4 items:
- A completed online Application Form »
Parents and Students: Please be sure to create only one account per applicant. Course selection and enrollment takes place AFTER program admission and receipt of $300 program deposit.
NOTE: The Upload Documents and Make a Payment tabs will become available after submission of your application and our system processes the application, which can take up to 24 hours. (Longer processing times occur over the weekend.)
- A non-refundable application fee (payable securely online within connect.brown.edu via the Make a Payment tab)
Before 3/1/2016: $50
3/1/2016 to 4/30/2016: $75
5/1/2016 and after: $100
Accepted forms of payment include credit cards (MC/VISA/AMEX/DISCOVER) and ACH Payments. International applicants may pay by Flywire or wire transfer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for payment instructions.
- A Teacher's Recommendation.
An email will be sent to the educational reference submitted in the application.
- An official school transcript.
Applicants should request an official transcript containing your most recent grades/marks for each course with an explanation of the scoring system in English (for example, 6=excellent or A=excellent). Please submit your transcript by using the Upload Documents tab within connect.brown.edu.
Application materials should be mailed to:
Providence, RI 02912
Important Considerations for Off-campus Programs
To facilitate a safe and positive learning experience for each student and the community, we expect students to be able to:
- Walk or stay outdoors for up to 3 hours at a time (with a few scheduled breaks)
- Tolerate variable weather conditions (rain, humidity, wind, heat)
- Sleep in shared areas (e.g. tents, dorm-style accommodations) with 2-5 same-sex peers
- Self-manage and administer prescription medications, if applicable
- Listen, absorb, and process information outside a classroom setting (e.g. outdoors, cultural sites)
- Be flexible with schedule changes due to weather or other factors
- Spend extended periods of time away from cell phones and portable music players (from several hours to several days, depending on the program)
- Participate in an immersive, living-learning community with limited personal time
- Respect and learn from other cultures, traditions, and perspectives
- Communicate significant health, safety, and personal concerns to program staff
Please call us and ask to speak to the Program Director if any of these things are of concern so we can make sure you have enough information about the particular program, as well as options for case-by-case accommodations, to make an effective decision about participation.
All program balances are due by Thursday, May 26th. Students who register after the initial payment deadline must pay their full balance upon registration. Students will be billed monthly until the balance is paid. Students are not permitted to carry a balance while attending the program.
Scholarships and Fundraising
Student and parents are encouraged to review our Policies page to learn about important payment deadlines, refunds, code of conduct, and more.
Learn about Immigration Guidelines, Deadlines for Submitting Documentation, How to Apply for a Visa, and more.
Have questions about your application? Please contact us at: email@example.com