Pre-College Online: For Accepted Students
For additional program information please contact the Pre-College Online Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strategies for Online Learning Success
Learning in an online environment and at a college level is different than learning in a physical classroom. You must be self-directed, stay focused, and take charge of your own learning.
Your instructor and TA will evaluate your performance in this course in three areas: timeliness, quality of work, and effectiveness of your communication.
To be successful in your online course at Brown, follow the online learning strategies below.
1. Log in Daily.
To get the most out of your course, log in daily to keep up with assignments and to contribute to discussions in a timely manner.
2. Plan where and when you will complete your coursework at the start of each week.
You may be involved in extracurricular activities such as sports, theater, debate team, etc., and there will be weeks that are busier for you than others. While online courses give you the flexibility to work on the course wherever and whenever you wish, all readings, discussions, and coursework is due at the end of the week in which it was assigned. Therefore, as you complete your course, be sure that you are aware of due dates and budget your time wisely to keep up with your coursework.
If you know you will be unable to access the course for a period of time, let your instructor know right away.
3. Actively participate in discussion forums.
The best way to engage with your instructor and create deeper connections with classmates is to make meaningful contributions to the discussions. Discussions are an integral part of your instructor’s final evaluation of your work in the course. Think of discussions like “class participation” in school.
Take the time to visit the discussions every day to post your thoughts and comment on your classmates’ posts.
4. Practice Academic Integrity.
Be aware of Brown's Pre-College Academic Policies and Code of Conduct.
5. Ask for Help.
Once you have access to your course, please do not hesitate to ask for assistance. We are here for you!
- Course Content Questions: From your course site, click "Help" at the top right of the screen to "Ask Your Instructor a Question."
- Technical Support: Click "Help" at the top right of the screen to "Get Help Using Live Chat" via Brown’s Computing & Information Services, or call 401-863-4357 (M-F 8:30am – 5pm EST; summer hours: 8am-4pm EST)
- All other issues: Send an email message to email@example.com.