Pre-College Programs: College Admissions and College Success Series
Co-Curricular Events and Activities
The core of Brown's Pre-College Program experience is acquiring skills students need to succeed in college. Brown has developed the College Admissions and College Success Series—workshops designed to help students learn about college choices, better understand the admission process at selective colleges and universities, and prepare for success in the college classroom.
The College Success Series is a unique benefit of attending the Pre-College summer program (no registration or additional fees necessary). Here are just a few of the workshops that are typically offered:
- Finding the College That's Right for You
- Writing the College Admission Essay
- Technical Writing and Research
- Managing the College Workload
- Interviewing Skills
- Finding Your Voice in Class
- Taking Effective Notes
- Preparing for Tests
- Transition to College Writing
- "Path To" Series, exploring the professions of medicine, law, engineering, journalism, international relations, and creative arts
- Lunch with your Pre-College Instructor
Workshop topics are repeated throughout the summer program and are subject to change.