Online Learning and Innovation Team
At the School of Professional Studies, we want to inspire intellectual curiosity and discovery in all aspects of online teaching and learning. We are the team behind online and blended course design, development, and facilitation for executive, summer undergraduate, and pre-college programs, as well as faculty development initiatives for online and blended pedagogy. We welcome you to get in touch – just click our names below.
Senior Director, Online Learning & Innovation
Assistant Director Online Learning & Innovation
Senior Instructional Designer
Senior Instructional Designer
Manager, Digital Media Group
Creative Team Lead, Educational Media
Digital Media Specialist
Academic Program Coordinator/Administrative Coordinator
Digital Media Producer, Editor
Who We Are
The Online Learning and Innovation Team is committed to outstanding instructional design and digital media production. We use our expertise in these areas to create courses and learning experiences to support Brown’s engagement with its community of learners, including those on campus and around the world.
Our team works in close collaboration with University faculty, colleagues, and subject matter experts to design and develop outstanding learning experiences that exemplify best practices of student-centered design and active inquiry-based learning.
At the core of our work is the University’s mission to serve the community, the nation, and the world by discovering, communicating, and preserving knowledge and understanding in a spirit of free inquiry, and by educating and preparing students to discharge the offices of life with usefulness and reputation.
We produce exceptional online learning experiences that reflect Brown’s commitment critical thinking, independence, and creativity across disciplines.
Our courses cultivate dynamic, diverse, and inclusive learning communities, encouraging students to challenge themselves and learn from one another through independent thinking, interaction with peers and faculty, challenging coursework, and collaborative projects.
Our partnerships with Brown faculty encourage and support engaged, imaginative pedagogy at the forefront of online teaching and learning.
Our projects help our partners and students achieve their teaching and learning goals, and use digital technology to create bridges between Brown and the world.
- We believe that thoughtful, student-centered instructional design and educational media results in a quality learning experience – no matter where the learning takes place.
- We investigate, innovate, and experiment to spark creativity and advance design practices.
- We are highly collaborative, and believe that the best work springs from shared knowledge and strong productive relationships.
- We contribute to the advancement of the field by conducting relevant research, sharing our successes and findings, and engaging in meaningful dialogue with colleagues both on and off campus.
- We ground our work in data-driven evaluation and research-supported best practices.
- We engage in continuous learning and growth opportunities, both as individuals and as a team.
- We respect and support one another and our partners, recognizing the value of both building relationships and reaching our goals.