BELL: Hawaii | How to Apply
Hawaiian Ecology & Culture for High School Students
Saturday, March 21 - Sunday, March 29, 2015
For students currently in
grades 10, 11 & 12 with a
minimum age of 15 at time
Note: BELL Hawai’i is a physically active program involving significant time outdoors, including hiking, swimming and snorkeling.
Program deposit deadline:
February 2, 2015
Full payment deadline:
February 23, 2015
A complete application consists of 5 items:
- A completed application form
- An essay (Submitted as part of your online application), in which you tell us where your academic interests lie; why these areas interest you; what preparation you have for further study in these areas; what you hope to gain from participating in this program; and any further information you want to convey to us.
- A non-refundable application fee (payable securely online)
Before 3/1/2015: $50
3/1/2015 to 4/30/2015: $75
5/1/2015 and after: $100
Applicants within the U.S. may elect to pay their application fee by mail. Make check or money order payable to Brown University with student's name on the notation line. International applicants may pay by wire transfer or check - contact email@example.com for payment instructions.
- A Teacher's Recommendation. An email will be sent to the recommender submitted in the application.
- An official school transcript Transcripts do not need to be official but do need to include a signature or stamp from your school in order to be considered authentic. Applicants should request an official transcript containing their current grades/marks, as well as all grades since 9th grade including Fall 2014. Please ensure an explanation of the scoring system is included in English (for example, 6 = excellent or A = excellent). PLEASE NOTE: if your current year grades are not reflected in your transcript, please also send us a copy of your report card for the most current grades. Transcripts may be uploaded directly within connect.brown.edu using the Upload Documents tab. Transcripts may also be faxed to our office at 401-863-3916 or emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials should be mailed to:
School of Professional Studies
Providence, RI 02912
Things to know about your application:
Course selection and enrollment takes place AFTER program admission and receipt of $300 program deposit.
Each year, admitted students work with their extended families, friends, neighbors, schools, and community organizations to fund program fees and transportation. View our Fundraising Guide to help you organize your efforts.
View the Refund Policy for BELL: Hawai'i »
Monday, 1/19/2015: Application deadline for priority consideration. We will continue accepting applications after this date on a rolling basis as space is available.
Monday, 2/2/2015 – Brown must receive $300 program deposit to confirm your attendance by this date. This deposit is non-refundable, except in the case that the program does not run.
Friday, 2/9/2015 – Program confirmation emails sent to students on or before this date.
NOTE: Do not book your flights or purchase plane tickets until you receive an email from Brown confirming the program.
Monday, 2/23/2015: Full payment, all forms, and flight information due.
Please complete the application online and send the remaining materials to us at:
Providence, RI 02912
Visit connect.brown.edu to check the status of your application.
Have questions about your application? Please contact us at: email@example.com