Brown University School of Public Health Inaugural Commencement
Please be aware of the following important Commencement schedule.
Saturday, May, 24, 2014
- 9:00am - The Inaugural and Annual Public Health Forum at MacMillan Hall, Starr Auditorium, Room 117, “Partnership for the Next Generation of HIV/AIDS Social Science in Africa”
Mark Lurie, PhD, Assistant Professor of Epidemiology
Abigail Harrison, PhD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Behavioral & Social Sciences (Research),
Caroline Kuo, DPhil, MPhil, Assistant Professor of Behavioral & Social Sciences (Research),
Omar Galarraga, PhD, Assistant Professor of Health Services Policy & Practice
Don Operario, PhD, Associate Professor of Behavioral & Social Sciences,
The public health schools at Brown University and the University of Cape Town have launched a new research and training partnership to create "the next generation of HIV social science in South Africa" with the help of The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
Sunday, May 25, 2014
(the Sunday before Memorial Day)
The Undergraduate Diploma Ceremony for the School of Public Health will be held at St. Stephen’s Church this year. St. Stephen’s Church is located at 114 George Street, across the street from the Sharpe Refectory. The diploma ceremony is estimated to begin by 2:15 pm, immediately following the University Ceremony. A summary of the commencement schedule is listed below. For additional details, click on Commencement 2014.
- 9:45 AM - The Commencement Procession - The College Green
- The procession steps off promptly at 9:45 am from Waterman Street, outside of Faunce Arch.
- 10:15 AM - Graduate School Commencement Ceremony - Ruth Simmons Quadrangle
- This ceremony for graduate students, their families, and friends features the awarding of advanced degrees.
- 11:15 AM (estimate) - Medical School Commencement Ceremony and Awarding of Degrees -First Unitarian Church of Providence, Benefit and Benevolent Streets
- 12:10 PM (estimate) - College Ceremony - Grounds of the First Baptist Church in America, Steeple and North Main Streets.
- 12:45 PM (estimate) - University Ceremony - The College Green
- 2:15 PM (estimate) - Diploma Ceremonies - various locations. [School of Public Health - St. Stephen’s Church]. This ceremony, for undergraduate and graduate students, their families and friends, features the awarding of diplomas to concentrators in Community Health and Statistics, and recognizes the advanced degrees of its graduate students.
- 3:15 PM (estimate) – Public Health Celebration Reception- Dean Wetle invites you and your family to join us in a celebration reception directly across the street at the Sharpe Refectory.