PhD in Health Services Research - Basic Degree Requirements
Students must complete 24 tuition units if matriculating into the program without a Master's degree; 16 are required beyond a master's.
Requirements for doctoral students in the Public Health program include:
- completion of a program of courses covering core areas of required expertise
- demonstration of proficiency in teaching
- synthesis of a core body of knowledge, evaluated via written examination
- demonstration of readiness to undertake original research, via oral presentation and defense of a written dissertation proposal (oral exam)
- completion and oral defense of a dissertation that makes an original contribution in the chosen field of study.
The methods for meeting these requirements may differ depending on the individual program of study.