Integrating people & policy
Since 1984, the Taubman Center for Public Policy & American Institutions has been the hub connecting students, faculty, the community, and distinguished visitors for interdisciplinary study, research, and advocacy of sound public policy and the betterment of American institutions.
Brown University's reputation as the 'Common Good' Ivy League institution is rooted in scholarship, teaching, and service that tangibly serve to create a more just world. Daily life at the Taubman Center is a prime example of Brown's work for the common good.
The Taubman Center is home to:
- distinguished faculty drawing from political science, education, economics, sociology, community health, and related areas
- vibrant undergraduate concentration of study and DUG
- leading master's-level graduate program in public policy & public affairs
- a public opinion polling organization
- exciting lecture series, research and outreach initiatives
- outstanding alumni leaders working for the 'common good'