We strongly recommend that you apply through The Common Application. However, if you cannot submit your application online, you can download the Brown First-Year Supplement. If you need an application mailed to you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to the address below.
Please ask your counselor and teachers to attach the appropriate Common Application forms to their letters of reference even if they choose not to use the questions and rating scales on the forms. This will expedite our ability to match the paper submissions with your application file.
Mail all materials to:
Office of College Admission
Providence, RI 02912
Tips for completing the Brown Supplement
At the top of the application, please indicate whether you are applying for Early Decision or Regular Decision and which one of the following programs you intend to pursue:
- Early Decision to Brown University (November 1 Deadline)
- Early Decision to Brown University and the Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME) (November 1 Deadline)
- Early Decision Brown-RISD Dual Degree Program (November 1 Deadline)
- Regular Decision to Brown University (January 2 Deadline)
- Regular Decision to Brown University and the Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME) (January 2 Deadline)
- Regular Decision Brown-RISD Dual Degree Program (January 2 Deadline)
The box on the first page asks you to choose a security question and provide an answer. Indicate one of the following questions and provide the answer on the space provided.
- What is the name of the first school you attended?
- What is the name of your favorite childhood friend?
- What is your oldest sibling's middle name?
- What was the last name of your third grade teacher?
- What was your childhood nickname?
Concentration Interests and Degrees:
Question 1 asks you about your concentration interests. Refer to the list of concentrations and use the concentration codes to indicate your top two Concentration Interests and Degrees. Indicate your level of commitment to each concentration interest using one of the following choices.
A. Interested but very open to other possibilities
B. Committed but open to other possibilities
C. Very committed
If the length of your written answers exceeds the space provide, please write your answers on additional sheets. Make sure to identify which questions you are responding to and write your name on each additional sheet.