Executive Chef Dave Chabot instructs on the art of a creating your own culinary delight each month.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
- ½ bag of mini pretzel twists
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup total)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Sea salt or table salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then line a half sheet pan with aluminum foil and lay a single layer of pretzels down.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and the brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Let it boil gently just until it starts to stick to the bottom and it forms a nice smooth caramel. You’ll want to let it bubble a little and get really thick.
- Remove from heat and pour evenly over the top of the pretzels (don’t worry if every single pretzel isn’t covered). Put in the oven at 350 degrees for five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. You can let the caramel melt the chips, but I prefer to put it back in the oven for one minute.
- Spread the chocolate chips around with a spatula until mostly melted.
- Sprinkle generously with salt.
- Let cool on the counter top for a few minutes and then pop in the freezer for at least two to three hours.
- When it comes out of the freezer, break it up into uneven chunks with your hands and serve.