Executive Chef Dave Chabot instructs on the art of a creating your own culinary delight each month.
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, at room temp
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
Yield: 18 muffins