CareerLAB offers an array of resources to help you along every step of your graduate career. In addition to one-on-one advising for career development and support for your application materials, we have published materials here that will help you develop your own action plan.
Peruse our Doctoral Student Packet for detailed information on job searching strategies.
- Chapter 1: Succeeding in Doctoral Studies
- Chapter 2: Finding a Job in Academia
- Chapter 3: The Application Packet for an Academic Position
- Chapter 4: Interviews, Campus Visits, and Negotiating the Job Offer
- Chapter 5: Outside Academia: Pursuing Careers in Industry, Business, or Non-Profits
- Chapter 6: Connecting with CareerLAB
If you are a graduate student in the Humanities and Social Sciences and interested in exploring careers outside of academia, you'll want to become a regular reader of The Versatile PhD. This unique resource, free to Brown students, demystifies nonacademic careers for humanists and social scientists, highlights career paths and provides peer and professional support for non-academic career options.
Please don't hesitate to contact us directly via phone or email, or come visit us at our offices! We look forward to accompanying you on this part of your professional journey.