Everything you need in one place, this page serves to provide you with all of CareerLAB's online tip sheets, databases, videos and other resouces.
- Tip Sheets
- Career Exploration Databases
- Videos & Tutorials
- Facebook and Twitter Feeds
|Getting Started: Research,
Building Your Personal Brand, and more
|Before the Interview|
|During the Interview|
|After the Interview|
Career Exploration Databases
- BrownConnect is the new presidential initiative aimed at increasing internship opportunities and linking students to the Brown community for career success. Search tool that allows you to find internship and research opportunities, search for funding, and connect with alumni.
- Brown Student Job and Internship Board (JIB)
The JIB is the place to start your job search. You can find hundreds of jobs from Employers -- including Brown alumni, parents, and friends -- who target Brown students.
- Explore Career Fields to get a better idea of job opportunities that may interest you, resources for that particular industry, and related events.
- UCAN Internship Exchange
The University Career Action Network (UCAN) is an online internship, summer job, and fellowship resource open to students from member schools. Once you've registered, you can search for opportunities by academic or career interest, geographic location, semester, educational level, salary, or company name. Work with a CareerLAB advisor to discuss your options and to prepare the strongest application possible!
Directions on how to register.
- Bridge.Jobs is a newly developed program that focuses on connecting employers and students in Rhode Island to provide internships.
- Going Global
The leading online provider of country-specific employment and career information containing country career guides, corporate profiles, and more than 100,000 international internship and job openings.
- More than Money
Tutorials for exploring jobs and internships in Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Business, and Social Enterprise.
A database for jobs, careers, top employers and education programs, job search guides and advice, salary info, job listings, employee message boards and surveys.
- Glassdoor Students: By using this student-specific link, you will have unlimited access to career resources (such as company information, salary info, and typical interview questions) without having to create an account or submit content and personal information.
- Versatile PhD
A web-based community that highlights career paths and provides peer and professional support for advanced graduate students and PhDs interested in careers beyond academia.
Videos & Tutorials
The videos and tutorials on the CareerLAB’s YouTube page help with the Job and Internship Board, making an appointment, resume formatting, and more. They also include clips of interviews with alumni and students and CareerLAB programs like How to Find an Internship and How to Navigate On-Campus Recruitment.
Facebook and Twitter Feeds
- Consulting, Finance and Computer Science - @AmyTarbox27
- Media and Entertainment - @ronforeman23
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math - @bevehrich
- Careers in the Common Good (non-profit, govt.) - @BrownCCG
Online Dossier Service to store, send, and retrieve your letters of recommendation.
• FOCUS -- The Brown-specific access code is "Brown."