Resumes and Cover Letters
Whether you’re simply networking or actually applying for a job or internship, a polished résumé can distinguish you from other candidates. CareerLAB staff can help you produce resumes that merit a second look—and that land you an interview, the goal of all résumé.
- Read our Résumé and Cover Letters Tip Sheets and view sample résumés and sample cover letters used by Brown students.
- Come to walk-in hours with a first draft of your résumé or cover letter and have a career advisor or peer career advisor review your drafts. Receive one-on-one feedback and advice on persuading the employer that you have the skills, interests, and abilities they are looking for. Most students do several drafts before applying for a job or internship.
- Résumé Help: Line Spacing
- Résumé Help: Format Painter
- Working on Your Résumé and Cover Letter
LinkedIn & Online Profiles
A well designed LinkedIn profile will contain much of the information from your résumé and your best cover letter.
- Take a look at our LinkedIn tip sheet, get started on creating your profile, and then come by our walk-in hours. We’ll give you feedback on your profile and tips and advice on how to use LinkedIn to find jobs and internships and reach out to the more than 53,000 Brown alumni users on LinkedIn.
- Review this infographic from AC Online: College Student Guide to Professional Social Profiles.
- Have more questions or still not sure how to get started with your resume, cover letter or LinkedIn profile? For a more in depth discussion, schedule a half hour appointment with a career advisor.