Apply for the Student Advisory Board (SAB)
Student voice and activism are the cornerstone of the Center and it is critical that student input be considered in the Center's future plans. The Student Advisory Board (SAB) helps the Director / Assistant Dean of the College enact the vision and strategic plan for the Center. This year, the SAB’s charge is:
- communicate updates to/from SAB from/to respective groups
- help implement the Center's strategic plan and re-branding campaign
- select leadership award recipients
- provide timely feedback on Center priorities and delegated tasks
The minimum time commitment involved is:
- 1.5 hours every month for SAB dinner meetings on October 14, November 11, December 9, February 3, March 3, March 31, and April 28 from 5:30 - 7 pm (SAB members may not miss more than one meeting per semester to be in good standing on the board. Members who are unable to meet this requirement will be asked to step down and will be replaced by an alternate.)
- 2 hours every month for SAB-related projects (e.g., Coordinator search, leadership awards selection)
- Any additional meetings the SAB decides to hold
SAB members consist of representatives from the Center’s major programs, Sarah Doyle Women’s Center & LGBTQ Center, and the wider campus community. One Third World Transition Program (TWTP) 2014 and three At-Large Community Representatives will be selected by anonymous review by former SAB members and professional staff. Undergraduates and graduate/medical students of color who have never held a leadership position in the Center are encouraged to apply here.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 26 AT 5 PM. Applicants will be notified via e-mail by October 8 regarding their application status. For more information, contact Dean Almandrez at firstname.lastname@example.org or x3-2120.