MPC Coordinators (MPCCs) are experienced mentors from the MPC Program, who work with the Assistant Director for First Year & Sophomore Programs to provide leadership and support to the MPC program. The role of the MPC Coordinators is one of support, coordination, and mentorship. MPC Coordinators are expected to work closely with each other, the Assistant Director for First Year and Sophomore Programs and other professional staff to carry out the expectations listed below:
- Work in partnership with the Assistant Director for First Year & Sophomore Programs to ensure that MPCs are fulfilling their job responsibilities in an appropriate, ethical way.
MPC Support and Community Building
- Help each MPC develop an effective and accessible peer mentoring style.
- Be aware of how a wide range of issues, including but not limited to race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, religious identification, and nationality have an impact individuals and our community.
- Support MPCs in their efforts to work collaboratively and effectively with other residential and non-residential programs.
- Foster honest and compassionate dialogue within the residential community.
- Address problems of discrimination, harassment, and intolerance.
- Uphold the reputation and respect of the Center and MPC Program within the greater Brown community.
- Reach out to senior level administrators and faculty to improve and further the MPC program