Intensive English Language Program (IEP)
2014 Program Dates
June 23 - July 11, 2014
July 14 - August 1, 2014
This program is for high-achieving, university-bound students for whom English is not their native language.
TOEFL not required, but a minimum score of 80 is recommended. Students with a score of less than 80 will likely have a difficult time optimally engaging in all aspects of the program.
Brown University's Pre-College Intensive English Program (IEP) combines intensive English language study with challenging liberal arts courses.
In this three-week program, students from around the world experience life on an American "Ivy League" college campus, while improving their English language skills. This combined approach delivers language learning in the context of Brown's liberal arts curriculum. Students should expect 1-3 hours of homework each day.
In our Intensive English Language Program, students will:
- develop higher-level English language skills by focusing on listening, reading, speaking and writing.
- focus on academic writing.
- strengthen their public speaking abilities.
- fully immerse themselves in the English language and American culture.
- engage in discussions which explore cultural and social similarities and differences.
- improve their abilities to work in diverse groups.
- gain an understanding of American higher education, specifically the college application process.