Global Programs: Turkey | Program Details
A field studies experience in Turkish culture and society
Residential and Student Life
Students will be housed together throughout the course. Accommodations include small hotels in urban areas and cabins or yurts in rural areas.
Mealtime will be an important time to connect and reflect. The daily itinerary will be discussed during breakfast. Lunchtime will be an opportunity to discuss any questions students may have. Our hosts will join us as often as possible. Dinnertime, which follows daily journal writing, will be used to reflect back on the day’s activities.
Weekends will be reserved for co-curricular activities. These will include a trip to Ephesus while on the Aegean coast, a guided tour of Istanbul’s historic landmarks, and other cultural events such as concerts or art exhibitions.
All students are required to be in their rooms from the 11 p.m. curfew until 7 a.m. Students may neither possess nor consume alcohol while enrolled in this program. Violation of this policy will result in dismissal from the program.
Your program fee includes:
- Tuition fee for all courses
- Residence hall and hotel housing during the program
- Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- Site visits as described in the program description
- Transfer from/to airport on day of arrival and departure
Your program fee does not include:
- Air travel to/from Istanbul, Turkey
- Classroom materials (textbooks, notebooks, pens, etc…)
- Items of a personal nature
- Site visits not described in the program description
- Pre/post-program accommodations