Goal 4: Improve the management of IT@Brown
During the past two years, we have learned that realizing our IT goals requires more than a compelling strategy. It also requires a strong ability to execute. Brown has significantly improved its processes and tools to manage its technology services and initiatives. In the next two years, we must continue to mature our processes and improve our ability to operate technology that is cost-effective, reliable and secure. We will make our processes more scalable and repeatable and adopt best practices from across industries.
Phase II objectives addressing this goal:
- Improve our ability to prioritize and appropriately resource proposed projects with the expected outcome that our work supports the most urgent University priorities
- Implement IT metrics and benchmarking.
- Continue improving IT funding and governance models.
- Improve processes and tools that manage IT services and projects.
- Enhance the effectiveness of collaboration between centralized and distributed IT staff on a shared set of goals.
- Develop more efficient methods for faculty, students and staff to discover, understand and access Brown’s IT services.