The Brown Multimedia Lab is participating in the 2005 Boston Cyberarts festival!
We are now accepting submissions of digitally-mediated creative work for the MML Gallery. Audio, high resolution still images, hypertext, and other screen-based works, videos, film, and so on, can be submitted in one of three ways:
A) Give your CD/DVD/miniDV to one of the Multimedia Lab Managers at the Grad Center MML or List Art MML.
B) Send E-mail, with attachments, to "MMLSubmit@brown.edu"
C) For larger files, you may also upload to the MML Gallery Submission Server.
If you wish to have your work posted by our April 22nd release date, your artworks should be submitted before April 17th.
FOR MORE INSTRUCTIONS, click on the "Continue reading...." link below.
Create a folder with your name. In this folder, include your submissions along with a text file. The text file should have:
-- Title of Piece
-- Year Created
-- Description of Piece
-- Setup requirements (e.g., a website that uses PHP requires instructions on how to get it running on our webserver)
-- Your name
-- Contact info
-- Graduation Year
We are accepting files in WAV, AIFF or MP3 format
Please encode using the Sorensen 3 codec. Resolution: 320 x240.
Please save in TIFF format.
Resolution, 72 ppi. Maximum width, 900 pixels. Maximum height, 700 pixels.
TO SUBMIT VIA APPLE FILESHARING
1) In OS X, Press [Command]+[K] -or- in the Finder, select Go>Connect to Server. Type in "mmlserverx.stg.brown.edu" in the Server Address field.
2) Select "Guest"
3) Mount the "gallery" volume.
4) Drag your folder containing your artwork into the "Drop Box" folder.
TO SUBMIT VIA FTP
1) Log in anonymously via port 21 to the host "mmlserverx.stg.brown.edu"
2) Double-click on "Gallery." Drag your folder containing your artwork into the "Drop Box" folder.