New Requirements for Access to E-reserves on OCRA
Due to a change in the Library’s OCRA (Online Course Reserves) system on September 10th, the way instructors and their delegates manage reserves has changed. After logging in with their own Brown username:
- Instructors will see a link to "Manage My Reserves" at which they can add delegates.
- Delegates will see a link or multiple links to "Manage Reserves for [instructor's name]".
Requirements for Accessing OCRA Online Movies
In order to access OCRA Online Movies, your computer must meet the following requirements. This applies whether you are accessing your OCRA course reserves through Canvas or through the Library Reserves site.
- Network Connection: Online Movies are available only on the campus network, either over Brown-Secure, Ethernet, or from a computing lab. To watch movies from off campus, you will need to connect using VPN.
- Java: Make sure your Java is up to date. You can run the test by visiting: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp.
- On a Mac: Use Firefox or Safari - your movies will not play in Chrome.
- On a PC: Use Windows 7 or earlier with Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. Windows 8 does not work with this service, so if you have Windows 8 you will need to view the movie in a computing lab.
For issues viewing Online Movies, contact the IT Service Center.
Tomorrow, Thursday, August 15th, CIS is transitioning to a new IT ticketing system for the University.
Ticket notification emails will now come from firstname.lastname@example.org. A convenient feature of the new system is that you can simply reply to these notification emails to update your ticket (at this time, you must reply from your main Brown email address, not an alias or personal address - if you use an alias, we recommend setting Gmail’s “send mail as” settings to “reply from the same address the message was sent to”).
A new form for submitting help tickets will be linked from the left side of this website. Below is a quick tutorial on submitting a ticket.
You can now record your Brown WebEx conferences. Follow the links in this announcement to learn how and read more about Brown's web conferencing options.