- Open Finder on a Mac (the program you use to browse your files). If you open any folder on your Mac, you will be in Finder.
- Look for the "Go" menu along to the top of your screen. From this menu, select "Connect to Server".
- You will be prompted to enter a path (address) for the share. Check with your Department's IT Support for your correct share name. The general format is as follows, italics replaced with your information:
For your personal share, smb://files.brown.edu/dfs/DepartmentName_Users/YourUsername
For your departmental share, smb://files.brown.edu/dfs/DepartmentName_Shared
- When prompted, log in as requested with your Brown username and password.
- Your folder will open. You can open files and drag files to and from the folder.