Linux is not officially supported by CIS, but due to popular demand we are making these generic instructions available for the community.
Here's the content for a supplicant file:
These need to be tested - if you have feedback, you can use the Suggest an Article button at right or Log In and leave a comment on this page.
- Make sure your system is updated, wireless drivers are loaded, and you are running the 'network-manager' applet. See your individual distribution's support pages to find out how to install Network-Manager.
- Right-click on the Network Manager applet and select 'Edit Connections...'
- Select the wireless tab. Click the 'Add' button.
- In the 'Wireless' tab, enter the following information (other settings may be left empty or at their defaults):
- Connection Name: Brown
- SSID: Brown
- In the 'Wireless Security' tab, enter the following information (other settings may be left empty or at their defaults):
- Security: WPA2 and WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication: Tunneled TLS
- CA Certificate: Select the certificate file you downloaded earlier
- Inner Authentication: MSCHAP-v2
- Username: Your Brown username
- Password: Your Brown password
- Enable 'Connect Automatically' at the top of the panel.
- If you selected to make the connection available to all users, you will be prompted for your computer's password used for administrative tasks to complete the configuration. Be warned that this is not a safe option to enable on shared computers.
- When you are complete, you may restart your computer and test your connection.