Macintosh OS X
Computing and Information Services (CIS) provides support for Macintosh OS X 10.7.5 through 10.10.x if the latest updates are applied. CIS will strive to develop in-depth knowledge about Mac OS X and pursue solutions to problems with using Mac OS X at Brown. Additionally, CIS will provide training based on need, through courses or cooperative arrangements with departments. Support includes information on how to connect your Macintosh to the Brown Network and technical assistance with supported applications running under Macintosh OS X.
For information about software that has been tested on Mac OS X 10.10, please visit Yosemite (Mac OS X 10.10) - What Works?
Consult with your IT Support Professional and view recommended hardware configurations before upgrading to Mac OS X 10.10. (You may need to temporarily disable gatekeeper to install some Brown University distributed applications.)
- Support of Operating systems in languages other than English is limited.
- Limited assistance with Linux and mobile operating systems is provided.
Brown does not maintain a licensing agreement with Apple. As a result, CIS does not distribute the Macintosh OS to Brown users. Users who want to install OS X on their computers must obtain a license from the App Store.
- Operating Systems other than Macintosh OS (for example, Windows via Parallels or Boot Camp) running on Apple computer hardware are not supported.
- Any Macintosh OS running on hardware other Apple computer hardware is not supported.
- CIS will not assist you with Apple File and Print Sharing configuration or operation.