CIS has tested all Windows software provided on the Software Distribution web page to determine Windows 7 compatibility in Brown's computing environment. Most software operates well on Windows 7.
Below is a list of products or services that are not entirely compatible with Windows 7. The ability to run certain applications can be dependent on different factors, such as: upgrading to a later version of the application, upgrading hardware to meet the requirements of the application, or running the application as Administrator or in Compatibility Mode. Should you need to run any of the software listed below, you may need to make special considerations prior to installing and using the application.
|Software Title||Known Issue(s)|
|FileMaker Server||Use version 11. Neither FileMaker Server 10 nor FileMaker Server 10 Advanced are compatible with Windows 7.|
|InDesign 6||Will not successfully launch. On logoff, restart or shutown, this message appears: 'the instruction at 0x73dd11c7 referenced memory at 0x00000004 the memory could not be read'|
|Respondus||Use version 4.0.2.04. For earlier versions, run installer as Administrator and in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode.|
|Sibelius 4.0||Use Sibelius 6.1.1. Earier versions are not compatible.|
|Banner (INB)/Luminis||- Inline frames are not supported in Internet Explorer 8. Open in a new browser window (or use Firefox).
- Allow pop-ups (i.e., turn off pop-up blocker).
- A pop-up may appear displaying your Java version. Click "Continue."
- Oracle reports do not work with Internet Explorer 8. Use Firefox.
|COEUS Lite||32-bit Java version is required (on both 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows).|
|Host Explorer||No update is available at this time.|
|Remedy ARS Client 7.1||Run installer as Administrator and in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode.|
How to run an installer as Administrator and in Compatibility Mode
- Right-click on the installer.
- Select "Properties" from the quick menu. In the installer properties dialog, click on the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the "Compatibility mode" checkbox, and ensure "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" is selected.
- Check the "Run this program as an Administrator" box.
- Click OK to close this dialog box.