First, find the MAC address of the Apple TV
- On the box: Look for the Wireless ID near the UPC label
- On the Apple TV: Go to Menu > Settings > About and look for the Wireless ID
Next, register the MAC address
On a computer connected to the Brown network, go to http://brown.edu/go/wirelessdevices, log in, and Create a Device using this MAC address (for more information on how to add devices, see the wireless section of our general article on adding a Browserless Device)
Last, securely set up Airplay (if you need it)
If you are going to have Airplay enabled, make sure it is set up securely. Otherwise, other people on the Brown-Guest network can access and send content to your Apple TV.
1. From Settings, choose Airplay and turn it ON if it is not.
2. In the Airplay settings, go to Security
3. Choose Password. Enter a password. This will allow you to send content to Apple TV from your device (e.g., iPhone) by just entering the password once on that device. An onscreen code is fine too, but will require you to enter it every time.
For more information about Airplay settings, see the Apple support article Understanding Airplay Settings. If you're having trouble seeing your device over Airplay, try turning on Bluetooth - that sometimes will help.