In order to access OCRA Online Movies, your computer must meet the following requirements. This applies whether you are accessing your OCRA course reserves through Canvas or through the Library Reserves site.
- Network Connection: Online Movies are available only on the campus network, either over Brown-Secure, Ethernet, or from a computing lab. To watch movies from off campus, you will need to connect using VPN.
- Java: Make sure your Java is up to date. You can run the test by visiting: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp.
- On a Mac: Use Firefox or Safari - your movies will not play in Chrome.
- On a PC: Use Windows 7 or earlier with Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. Windows 8 does not work with this service, so if you have Windows 8 you will need to view the movie in a computing lab.
If you encounter a blank screen after clicking on a movie link follow tips:
- Enable insecure content (includes Safari for Maverick)
- Mac: Allow VF-portal1 Java applet to run
- PC: Allow Java run time
For issues viewing Online Movies, contact the IT Service Center (hours and contact information at link).