Academic / Teaching Resources
- Get more help and resources on our Teaching with Technology site.
- Complete our Course Setup Checklist.
- Individualized guidance on the use of instructional technologies in support of faculty goals. Teaching with Technology Consultation.
Request access to course tools for online course management, communications, active learning, and student class engagement (i.e. Canvas, blogs, wikis, Google Apps for Education, etc.) in the Academic Services Gateway.
- Canvas training: Search for "Canvas" on www.brown.edu/learningpoint for training listings and sign up for individual workshops.
- The Summer Institute is an intensive hands-on immersion program for faculty and graduate students to integrate technology into a specific course design.
- Instructional Technology Integration Program (iTip) - a series of workshops that support instructors exploration of technology to enrich teaching practices and effectively engage student learning through integrated instructional design. Search for "Teaching and Learning" on www.brown.edu/learningpoint for training listings and sign up for individual workshops.
Programs and Project Support
- ITG TechTA - Undergraduate students partner with instructors to employ new instructional tools and classroom technology.
- Academic Technology UTRA - Grant for undergraduate students to help faculty integrate instructional technology into their courses.
- Academic Technology Curricular Development Grants - Funding support to integrate interactive online and classroom course tools into existing undergraduate courses.
- Instructional Project Development- Support for innovative teaching and innovative learning, including development of materials such as animations and videos in courses.
- Multimedia Assignment Support - Equipment and support for instructors who want to integrate multimedia assignments into courses.
- Audio and Video Production and Distribution
- Video Conferencing at Brown - Web and video conferencing solutions.
- Digitization of Course Materials - Convert personal slide collections, photos, videos, audio cassettes, and more.
- Multimedia Labs - Students and faculty produce graphics, hypertext, video, animation, sound and more.
- Educational Technology Center - Innovative spaces for instructional practice and learning opportunities in a supportive environment.
- Classrooms at Brown - Highlights of technology-rich classrooms.
- Classroom Media Technology Support - Support for the use of installed A/V media technology in the classroom.
- Wireless: Use the Brown-Secure network for your privacy and safety! It requires a quick one-time setup process - visit http://cloudpath.brown.edu to connect for the first time.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Connecting from off-campus? VPN lets you connect securely and access Brown resources. For instructions, see http://brown.edu/go/vpn.
- On-site support options
- Help Desk and more
- Self-help documentation is easiest to find by looking up a service in the IT Service Catalog and following the Online Help link for that service
Email and More
- Google's Apps for Education service offers Email, Calendar, Documents, Groups, Sites, and more
- Access email at http://gmail.brown.edu
- Set up mobile devices for email