Academic / Teaching Resources
- Individualized guidance on the use of instructional technologies in support of faculty goals. Request a consultation
Request access to course tools for online course management, communications, active learning, and student class engagement (i.e. Canvas, blogs, wikis, Google Apps for Education, etc.) via Courses.Brown.
- Canvas training: See listings for "Canvas" onhttp://brownatc.libcal.com/ and sign up for individual workshops.
- The Brown Institute for Teaching and Learning: is an intensive hands-on immersion program for faculty and graduate students to integrate technology into a specific course design.
- Workshops: that support instructors exploration of technology to enrich teaching practices and effectively engage student learning through integrated instructional design. Sign up for individual workshops at http://brownatc.libcal.com/.
Programs and Project Support
- ITG TechTA - Undergraduate students partner with instructors to employ new instructional tools and classroom technology.
- Academic Technology UTRA - Grant for undergraduate students to help faculty integrate instructional technology into their courses.
- Academic Technology Curricular Development Grants - Funding support to integrate interactive online and classroom course tools into existing undergraduate courses.
- Instructional Project Development- Support for innovative teaching and innovative learning, including development of materials such as animations and videos in courses.
- Multimedia Assignment Support - Equipment and support for instructors who want to integrate multimedia assignments into courses.
- Audio and Video Production and Distribution
- Video Conferencing at Brown - Web and video conferencing solutions.
- Digitization of Course Materials - Convert personal slide collections, photos, videos, audio cassettes, and more.
- Multimedia Labs - Students and faculty produce graphics, hypertext, video, animation, sound and more.
- Educational Technology Center - Innovative spaces for instructional practice and learning opportunities in a supportive environment.
- Classrooms at Brown - Highlights of technology-rich classrooms.
- Classroom Media Technology Support - Support for the use of installed A/V media technology in the classroom.
- Wireless: Use Brown's secure "Brown" network for your privacy and safety! It requires a quick one-time setup process - visit http://wifi.brown.edu to connect for the first time.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Connecting from off-campus? VPN lets you connect securely and access Brown resources. For instructions, see http://brown.edu/go/vpn.
- On-site support options
- Help Desk and more
- Self-help documentation is easiest to find by looking up a service in the IT Service Catalog and following the Online Help link for that service
Email and More
- Google's Apps for Education service offers Email, Calendar, Documents, Groups, Sites, and more
- Access email at http://gmail.brown.edu
- Set up mobile devices for email